Monday, October 24, 2011

Reflection #5 Clickers are more useful than I thought



I found this very informative study in regards to using “clickers” in the classroom.  The part that engaged me the most was the classifying of the teachers in regards to their usage of the technology in the classroom.  In our class, we were introduced to them, but I was unaware of the detail in which they can be used for.

So I went a little deeper in my research and found this resource from Vanderbilt:


This article not only give the gist of how to use the “clickers” in the classroom, but ways in which it can be used.  In addition, it provides multiple examples, videos of them in action, as well as suggestions and links to further resources and information.

I truly am intrigued by the extent of which these can be used in the class and hope that I have access to them when I am teaching.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used the clickers very much, but I really like the anonymity they provide for students. I feel like they might help students to answer a question with what they really THINK it is (correct or not), rather than what the popular answer might be. Yay clickers! :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beth that the students can use the clicker to respond according to their knowledge and understanding and not according to what their friends say. They are also useful when the students might feel shy about responding to a question pertaining to their feelings. It allows them to answer honestly and remain anonymous among their peers.

    Pedro Ruiz

    ReplyDelete